Believe it or not, plantains aren’t meant to be served plain. Top this popular staple with jalapeños, black beans, avocado, mozzarella, tomato, olives, onion and chicken. Talk about an appetizer with plenty of appeal.
- 3 green plantains
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked or canned
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- Take 3 peeled plantains and cut them into many thin slices (about the width of two quarters stacked together.) Deep-fry them in oil until golden brown. Place them on a towel and let the oil drain.
- Place the plantain slices on a cookie sheet and sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the top.
- Then add your tomatoes, green onion, jalapeno peppers, olives, and black beans and chicken. Add the remaining cheese and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle avocado on top once done baking.