Strawberry-Glazed Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless, skin on
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup homemade strawberry vinegar
- Rinse chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and season all over with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Preheat grill and prepare it for direct-heat grilling over medium heat.
- Place strawberry vinegar in a wide microwavable bowl (I use a soup bowl) and microwave on high for 3 minutes. This reduces the vinegar.
- Meanwhile, toss your chicken breasts on the grill, skin side down.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and microwave again for 3 minutes. Stir with the spatula. It should be thicker.
- Microwave for one more minute, and the vinegar should be reduced into a glaze, about the consistency of honey.
- Once the chicken has had about 5 minutes on the skin side, flip it, and continue cooking another few minutes (time will vary with portion size).
- Remove chicken and brush strawberry glaze all over. Allow to rest for a few minutes, then slice diagonally and serve.
Tip: You can reduce many varieties of vinegar down to a simple sauce or glaze using this quick microwave method. Try it with balsamic, red wine, raspberry, or (my favorite) sherry vinegar.
Source: Simple Bites